Hey, everybody! Keep reading for everything you need to know about what’s happening in town these days.
- The California Association of African American Superintendents and Administrators named two East County award recipients.
- The Antioch Antioch-Pittsburg San Joaquins Passenger Stop will be decommissioned.
- The county César E. Chávez Commemorative Celebration will be shown live on Contra Costa Television.
But first, today’s weather:
Breezy in the afternoon. High: 58 Low: 38.
🏘️ Looking to differentiate yourself from other real estate agents in Concord? Partner with the Concord Patch and gain access to a targeted, engaged audience through our premium newsletter sponsorships. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories today in Concord:
- “The Pittsburg Seafood and Music Festival is delighted to announce its grand return to Old Town Pittsburg on September 9th and 10th, 2023. The festival, a local favorite for over 30 years, is set to make a splash with a weekend filled with the finest seafood, incredible live music, and entertainment for the whole family.”
- “The 29th Annual César E. Chávez Commemorative Celebration will be 11 a.m., Tuesday, April 4, in Board Chambers at 1025 Escobar Street in Martinez. Community members can also join the event live on Contra Costa Television channels and the County’s website.” (Contra Costa News)
- The Veranda Kids’ Club is “excited to welcome back The Dingle Family Farms & Stables petting zoo with a very special magical unicorn pony! Plus, we celebrate the new release of the Super Mario Bros. Movie with some character fun and a special screening at the conclusion of the event (for those with event + movie tickets)!” Don’t miss the event on April 16 at The Veranda!
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Pleasant Hill Neighborhood Yard Sale (March 25)
- Open House – 5274 Alhambra Valley Road (March 26)
- Open House – 5274 Alhambra Valley Road – Martinez (March 26)
- Successful Retirement in a Year of High Interest Rates, High Inflation, and High Market Volatility (March 28)
- Add your event
You’re officially in the loop for today. I’ll see you soon!
— Jeri Karges
About me: Jeri Karges has been living in and loving the Sacramento region for over 30 years. Her passion is finding new and unique ways to enjoy the city and surrounding areas. On weekends, you can find her pestering her friends to sample the restaurant that doesn’t have silverware, or try their hand at throwing an axe. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https://rockinretirement.subst…
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Concord Patch newsletter? Contact me at Concord-Ca@Patch.com