The South Carolina State Bulldogs (2-3) will look to end a three-game road slide when they square off against the Missouri Tigers (3-2) on Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at Mizzou Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on SEC Network+. In this preview, we take a look at the Missouri vs. South Carolina State odds and lines around this contest.
The meeting between the Tigers and the Bulldogs currently has no line set.
Missouri is 0-4-1 against the spread, while South Carolina State’s ATS record this season is 2-2-0. The Tigers have a 1-4-0 record hitting the over, while games involving the Bulldogs have a record of 3-1-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
Before watching this matchup, here’s everything you need to know about Wednesday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Missouri vs. South Carolina State prediction
Missouri 83, South Carolina State 67
Against the spread
- Missouri has put together a 0-4-1 record against the spread this season.
- South Carolina State has covered twice in four games with a spread this year.
- The 73.2 points per game the Tigers score are 8.6 fewer points than the Bulldogs give up (81.8).
- The Bulldogs score an average of 69.2 points per game, only 1.2 more points than the 68.0 the Tigers give up to opponents.
- South Carolina State is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it scores more than 68.0 points.
- Missouri is 0-1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it gives up fewer than 69.2 points.
Players to watch
- Noah Carter is averaging 12.0 points, 1.6 assists and 6.4 rebounds per contest.
- Caleb Grill posts a team-high 6.6 rebounds per game. In addition, he’s registering 8.8 points and 2.0 assists, shooting 36.1% from the field and 26.9% from downtown with 1.4 made 3-pointers per game.
- Sean East is tops on his squad in both points (14.0) and assists (2.0) per contest, and also averages 2.0 rebounds. At the other end, he puts up 1.2 steals and 0.0 blocked shots.
South Carolina State
- Omar Croskey is averaging 10.4 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game, making 41.5% of his shots from the floor and 30.0% from 3-point range, with 1.2 treys per game.
- Davion Everett paces the Bulldogs in rebounding (7.6 per game), and puts up 6.4 points and 0.8 assists. He also posts 0.8 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.