The Eastern Kentucky Colonels (22-13) take on the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (24-12) on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on ESPN2. In this article, we analyze the Eastern Kentucky vs. Southern Utah odds and lines ahead of this contest.
The Colonels and the Thunderbirds meet with no line currently set for the matchup.
Eastern Kentucky has compiled a 19-11-0 record against the spread this season, while Southern Utah is 16-12-2. The Colonels are 11-19-0 and the Thunderbirds are 17-13-0 in terms of going over the point total. Eastern Kentucky is 7-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall over its last 10 contests, while Southern Utah has gone 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Ahead of this college hoops matchup, here’s everything you need to get ready for Tuesday’s action.
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Eastern Kentucky vs. Southern Utah prediction
Southern Utah 76, Eastern Kentucky 74
Against the spread
- Eastern Kentucky is 19-11-0 ATS this season.
- Southern Utah has compiled a 16-12-2 ATS record so far this season.
- The Colonels record 78.1 points per game, just 4.3 more points than the 73.8 the Thunderbirds allow.
- Eastern Kentucky has a 9-3 record against the spread and a 12-3 record overall when putting up more than 73.8 points.
- Southern Utah has a 13-3 record against the spread and a 17-3 record overall when giving up fewer than 78.1 points.
- The Thunderbirds put up an average of 82.2 points per game, 9.5 more points than the 72.7 the Colonels give up.
- Southern Utah is 10-6-2 against the spread and 15-7 overall when it scores more than 72.7 points.
- Eastern Kentucky is 15-7 against the spread and 17-7 overall when it gives up fewer than 82.2 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
Players to watch
- Devontae Blanton leads the Colonels with 17.2 points per contest and 2.9 assists, while also averaging 6.3 rebounds.
- Isaiah Cozart leads the Colonels at 7.5 rebounds per game, while also posting 0.4 assists and 9.3 points.
- Michael Moreno averages 11.4 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. Defensively, he puts up 1.0 steal and 0.3 blocked shots.
- Tevian Jones is the Thunderbirds’ top scorer (17.8 points per game) and assist man (1.3), and delivers 4.4 rebounds.
- Harrison Butler is posting a team-best 6.7 rebounds per contest. And he is delivering 11.0 points and 2.4 assists, making 36.6% of his shots from the field and 28.7% from beyond the arc, with 1.0 treys per contest.
- Maizen Fausett is the Thunderbirds’ top rebounder (6.7 per game), and he posts 12.1 points and 1.1 assists.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).