THREE serving garda members are set to be charged over an alleged attack on three boys at a golf club two years ago.
The alleged incident is said to have occurred on August 13, 2021, between 5pm and 6pm, at Silloge Park Golf Club in Ballymun, north Dublin.
The alleged assaulted children were understood to be aged 12 to 13 at the time.
In recent days, the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) made a decision on the case.
The Garda Sochána Ombudsman Commission investigated the case, which was described as “sensitive” (Gsoc).
It filed a complaint with the DPP earlier this year.
Gsoc brought in specialists who interview minors as part of the major probe.
The three garda officers at the centre of the case are believed to deny the allegations levelled against them.
A Gsoc spokesman stated that the organisation could not comment on the case.
The spokesperson said: “Gsoc received a referral from a garda superintendent following an incident between three young people and three plain-clothes garda members at Silloge Park Golf Club in Ballymun on the afternoon of Friday, August 13, 2021,
“The investigation was concluded in January 2023, and a file was issued to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
“Gsoc is not in a position to comment further on the case at this time.”
At the time, Gsoc had appealed for information about the alleged incident.
Garda authorities had referred to the case to Gsoc under the Garda Síochána Act 2005.